Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions represent the basis on which training is offered by Evans Driving School. The provision of training is subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Driving licence and fitness to drive: You must hold a current valid licence (either provisional or full) which must be produced on the first lesson. You must also be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 meters (67 feet) using your glasses if normally worn.
- Payments and cancellations: Tuition fees are normally payable in advance. Block bookings and driving courses must be paid for in advance. Driving lesson cancellations must be made with your instructor at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the driving lesson or the full lesson fee will be charged. Your instructor will do everything possible to ensure that your lessons start and finish on time, but reserves the right to cancel postpone or change lesson lengths and start/finish times under certain circumstances (for example, dangerous weather conditions). In the event of any postponements fees paid in advance will be carried forward. The instructor reserves the right to cancel the lesson at short notice if it is suspected that the pupil may be unfit due to the effects of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise) or any other condition that would cause his/her driving to be dangerous or illegal. In such circumstances the lesson will be payable. Any request to refund prepaid lessons must be made within 14 days from the date of payment.
- Training vehicles: Training vehicles provided by Evans Driving School ar insured for the purpose of driving tuition, fully roadworthy and fitted with dual controls. Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle must supply evidence from their motor insurer that the car is covered for lessons when being supervised by a professional instructor in return for payment; the car must also be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate where appropriate.
- Driving tests and bookings: Your instructor reserves the right to refuse use of a Evans Driving School vehicle for test if he/she considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety. Where a Evans Driving School car is used for a test, the booking period will be based upon the instructor's normal diary schedule. Depending on the time of the test this will require a minimum of two hour booking and possibly longer.
- Code of conduct: Your instructor agrees to abide by the conditions of the Professional code of Conduct (a copy of which will be provided on request). In the unlikely event of complaint or dispute the guidelines of the code of Conduct will be adhered to. We reserve the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions without notice, but will endeavour to inform pupils of any changes as soon as possible. Should you have any queries in relation to the above terms and conditions prior to booking please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.